You can create as many different ticket types as you like, depending on who will be coming to your event. Some of the most popular categories are Adult / Child, General and Early Bird.
You can watch our quick demo, or follow the steps listed below:
To set up different ticket types:
1. Click on the event you want to create tickets for in the list of your events
2. Go to the 'Edit Event' tab. (Note: If your event is already in 'Live' status, then it will open in the 'Event Summary' page and you need to click on the Edit Event link. If your event is 'pending' you can skip this step).
3. Scroll down to the tickets section where you can add new ticket types. You can either copy an existing ticket type or create a new one.
A. To copy an existing ticket, simply click on the Copy icon under the Actions column. This will open up a page where the ticket settings are pre-filled based on the ticket type you clicked the Copy button from. You can then change the ticket name to avoid duplicate tickets and confusion.
B. To create and add a new ticket type, click on the 'Add Another Ticket' button.
An Open Group Ticket allows a buyer to select the quantity of tickets they would like to purchase within the minimum (8) and maximum (set by you) parameters. The benefit of this ticket type is that it greatly reduces the booking fee paid. The booking fee for a Group ticket is calculated on the total amount and not per individual ticket within the group
Single Reserved Seating
Group Reserved Seating
Once you have selected the Ticket Type you want, you can now fill out the ticket settings.
2. Ticket Name - Enter a description for your ticket. e.g. "Single Entry" or "Adult" or "VIP entry"
The default setting is to Include the booking fee in the price of the ticket. We will deduct our booking fee from the price you entered above. Alternatively you can uncheck this and we will add our booking fee to the price you entered above. Click here to see our booking fee calculator (scroll down page).
If your organiser settings are set to registered for GST, you will need to add the GST component into your ticket price. For more details on organiser settings click here.
See example scenario below:
- if you create a single ticket at $20.00, the booking fee on this ticket will be $1.50 for each ticket purchased
- if you create bundles (group tickets) e.g 10 x $20.00 a group ticket at $200 the booking fee will be $5.50 (the ticket purchaser would save $6 in booking fees if they were to buy 10 x single $20.00 tickets) A group ticket of 10 will still issue 10 tickets.
Note: For group ticket types the 'tickets available' number should be the total of individual tickets available. Example: for 8 tables x 10 of seats, please enter 80 in this field, representing how many individual tickets are available.
7. Advanced Settings - allows you to maximise the features of each ticket type
A. Max Per Order - Enter a limit of how many tickets of this ticket type can be purchased per order. If you leave this blank the maximum order per ticket type will be 30.
B. Min Per Order - Enter a minimum amount of tickets that can be purchased. This feature is great if you would like to offer a discount for bulk purchases. If left blank the minimum will be 1.
E. Show Tickets Remaining - You can specify the number you want to use as the threshold for your ticket capacity. This will display on your event page indicating the number of tickets remaining once the unsold tickets reaches this number or less. Note: If you don't want to show the number of tickets remaining, you can leave this blank.
F. Show Tickets Remaining (Event Level) - This will display on your event page indicating the number of tickets remaining for your entire event when the total remaining tickets reach this number or less. You can leave this black if you don't want to show the number of tickets remaining.
G. Allow App Sales - Enabling this option will make the ticket type available for purchase using the check-in app under the Sales Screen. For more information about this, please click here.
H. Code Required - Selecting this option will hide this ticket from being displayed on the event page until a promotional code is entered.
I. Distribute e-ticket - if selected, when a purchasers buys this ticket we will include an e-ticket (as an attachment) in the order confirmation email.
8. Advanced Sub Ticket Type Settings - allows the organiser to set limits on the number of sub-tickets that a purchaser may or must select when purchasing sub tickets from this ticket.
The settings below are entered once you have created the first ticket for your event. You can edit these options again via the Edit Event page in the Ticket section
1. Event Capacity - This is the total number of tickets available to sell for the event. Normally this would be the capacity of the venue
2. Issue eTicket - Select this if you would like to issue an eTicket with each order
3. Individual Ticket Holder Details - Select this if you would like the name of the person for each ticket that is purchased
4. Enable Waiting List - select this if you wish to use the Wating List feature in your event.
5. Show sub-tickets on the event page - Select this if you would like the sub-ticket of your ticket types to automatically show once a purchaser landed on the event page