1. Click on the Create A New Event button (this appears on the My Events page).
View on mobile devices:
2. Enter the Event Name. If you are holding a Raffle/Giveway event, make sure to check the box then click the 'Create Your Event' button.
2. Continue to enter the various details of your event, as prompted. Please note that the Orange sections are required/needed before you can start selling tickets while the Blue sections are optional.
Below are the details of each section:
In this section, you need to enter the date and time (and timezone) for your event. You can also customise the time display and set the frequency of your event.
- Date: Enter the start date of your event.
- Start time: Select the start time for your event.
- End time: Select the end time of your event.
- Show separate end date for the event: This will create another date and time field if your event will run for more than one day.
- Preview: Will show how the date and time will be displayed on your event page. You can choose to customise this display by clicking the
- Customise Display link: Allows you to customise the start and end time labels.
- Time zone: Select the time zone for the event. (We use the time zone to calculate the start time for your event).
- Advance Settings (Add to Calendar Settings): This will set the frequency that your event reminder will appear in an attendees calendar.
After you save these details, (SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page, as seen above) they will be displayed as shown in the image below. If you need to make any changes, you can click the edit icon or click anywhere in the section.
• Venue: Enter your event's venue name (if it has one).• Full Address: Enter the street address for your event, e.g. 1 Kent St Sydney and then click Find Address.- A list of matching addresses will be shown – select your address from the list.
• Show Map: Check this box to enable a map of your event's location to be displayed.• Edit address details: You can click this and edit your address manually.• Add additional information: Any information here will be displayed on the confirmation email and e-tickets.
Click Save Changes to save this section. You can click anywhere to edit the details.
In this section, you enter the name and contact details of the event organiser. Any event enquires will be directed to this person.
- Enter the Organiser’s name
- Enter the Organisation Name
- Enter the Organiser's Contact Number
- Email- The email address you enter here will receive all correspondence relating to this event (purchaser enquiries, order confirmation emails).
- BCC Order Confirmation Emails- if this is ticked you will receive a copy of the confirmation email that is sent to the ticket purchaser. You do not need to keep these emails as you can access all the purchaser information from the event admin area. If you like you can however use these emails as a live notification that a sale has just occurred.
- Organiser Logo- if this is ticked, your organiser logo will be displayed on your event page. See designing your own organiser page for instructions on how to create your organiser logo.
- Contact Method- (Advanced Settings) the default setting is our contact form- a ticket purchaser will fill out a form which we will send to you via email.
- Show Email Address - we will display your email address as a link if you elect to, and when selected will go to the ticket purchaser's email client so that they can send you an email directly.
- Click Save Changes to save this section.
In this section, you need to specify your event's Refund Policy. This section is required and important to help you manage if there will be purchasers that will request for refunds.
- Select the Time Frame For Refunds - This will indicate the time frame within which you will accept and review refund requests.
- Refund Protect Setting - this allows you to set the Refund Protect feature for each event and will depend on your Refund Policy timeframe. You can turn on or off the Refund Protect feature if your refund timeframe is set between 1-3 days. This will be always enabled when no refund or refund timeframe days are more than 3 days.
- Refund Policy Reason - A brief explanation of the refund policy
- Link - you can add a link to another website or page that give more detail about your refund policy
- Document - you can also add a document related to the refund policy if needed
- Once done, click on the Save Changes button
In this section, you enter a detailed description of your event. You can also upload event images.
- Full Description: Enter all the details about your event. You can use the formatting tools to customise the look of your event description. You can also upload images into this description, please see I want to insert an image and video into my event description for more details. Put some time into this and be creative, as it will help you sell tickets to your event. You might include information on the speakers/presenters, what’s included in the ticket price and why people should come to your event. You can paste in blurbs from a Microsoft Word document.
- Images: To add visual effect to your web page you can upload 3 images, to be displayed next to your event description (this is separate from the images displayed in the event description). The image here will show in search results. You can only upload an image in the following formats: JPEG, PNG and GIF.
Once you have finished, remember to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page
Tickets In this section you enter a list of available ticket types for your event and configure the ticketing options.
1. Ticket Type: Enter the details for your first ticket type. Use the on-screen hints to help you fill out each column. Take note of the different types of tickets you can create. To find out the different ticket types you can set up for your event, please click here.
2. Ticket Name: Name of the ticket that will appear on the event page and e-ticket.
3. Ticket Description: Allows you to enter a short description about the ticket type
4. Price: How much the ticket costs (If your organiser settings are set to 'Registered for GST', you will need to add the GST component into your ticket price. For more details on organiser settings please click here.) This will display the booking fee amount and the price that you receive.
5. Include booking fee in the price: If checked, the booking fee will be included in the ticket price displayed.
6. Ticket Capacity: Defines how many tickets you wish to sell for this ticket type.
A. and B. Min and Max Per Order: this sets the minimum and maximum tickets that a purchaser can buy per transaction. Tip: you can use this feature to offer a discount on bulk purchases.
C. and D. Start and Stop Selling: Defines the dates for when the ticket type will go on sale, and when ticket sales will end. Select 'Straight Away' for your tickets to go on sale as soon as your event goes live. Tip: you might like to create an 'Early Bird' ticket type to encourage early sales. You can select 'Straight Away' or specify a time for these tickets to go on sale, but an earlier end time, for when the early bird pricing will end. You can also set to display the date on when the tickets will be available prior to the Start Selling date
E. Show Tickets Remaining - You can specify the number you want to use as the threshold for your ticket capacity. This will display on your event page indicating the number of tickets remaining once the unsold tickets reach this number or less. Note: If you don't want to show the number of tickets remaining, you can leave this blank.
F. Show Tickets Remaining (Event Level) - this allows you to display the total number of tickets left for the entire event. Enter the number you want to use as a threshold. Note: If you don't want to show the number of tickets remaining, you can leave this field blank
G. Allow App Sales: Defines if the ticket type can be sold through the check-in app
H. Hide Ticket - if checked, the ticket will be hidden until a promo code is entered or if it's offered as a sub-ticket
I. Distribute e-ticket - if selected, when a purchaser buys this ticket we will include an e-ticket (as an attachment) in the order confirmation email.
In the Advance Sub-Ticket Type Settings, organisers can set the number of sub-tickets that a purchaser may or must select when purchasing sub tickets from this ticket.
14. Issue e-Tickets - At the time of ticket purchase/registration, your attendees will also be emailed an automated tax receipt from Sticky Tickets on your behalf.
15. Individual Ticket Holder Details - With this option you can request from the ticket purchaser individual names for each ticket purchased. This is useful when selling tables of ten for example. One purchase is made (the table of ten) and ten tickets are issued. The ticket purchaser will be given an opportunity to enter and allocate an individual's name to each ticket. Please note: By default, the system will enter the name of the person purchasing the tickets and they will not be asked to enter other names. You can mention in the description of the event if this is a critical request.
16. Enable Waiting List - This allows you to enable or disable the waiting list feature for each event.
Note: If you have more than 1 ticket type, you can create Ticket Group Capacities which will allow the organiser to group selected ticket types, and set a combined group capacity for them. For more information about this feature, please click here.
Sub-Tickets are additional items/tickets that can be bought by a customer when purchasing tickets. They can be used to upsell or cross-sell a product or another event. A sub-ticket can only be purchased when a parent ticket has been selected to be purchased. You can set up this for a product or ticket up-selling. For more detailed information on how to set up sub-tickets, please click here.
By default, this section is not required, however, if you use a Single or Ground Reserved Ticket type, this section will be required. This section will allow you to create a seating plan and allocate the ticket types to each seat for purchasers to select. For detailed instructions on how to set up a seating plan, please click here.
In this section, you can create promotional codes if you want to offer discounted ticketing to select individuals or groups.
Codes: Enter the details of your first code and use the on-screen hints to help you fill out each column. For more details click here
- If you need to add another promotional code click the Add Row link
- Select Save Changes
In this section, the organiser can set the event to either public or private.
- You can create a Public Event or a Private Event. Public events will be promoted by Sticky Tickets, discoverable via the event search feature, and will be indexed by Google so they appear on search engines. If you tick this checkbox your event will be easily accessible to anyone searching the Sticky Tickets site and they will be able to both view and purchase tickets to your event. For private events, only those who have been given the event URL by you (shown at the bottom of the event ad on completion) will be able to find the event and purchase tickets.
- Search Categories (public event only) - here you can choose from a list of search categories which makes it easier for people who are looking for similar events to find, helping to put your event in front of the right people.
- Attendees Visible - If you tick this checkbox a guest list will be seen at the bottom of your event page. The ticket purchaser has an option when purchasing tickets to not show their name on the event page (their tickets will show as ANONYMOUS).
- Allow Sharing (private event only) - Checking this box will allow your attendees to use the 'Share' feature on Sticky Tickets. They will be able to Send To A Friend and Like or Share On Facebook.
This feature is optional and can be used to split the ticket sales to the organiser and a 3rd party. By default, this will show as Single Payment where all ticket sales will send to the event organiser's bank details. To set up the split, select the Split Payments option.
Enter the Banking Details (the email address entered will be sent a payment summary once the transfer has been made. The event organiser will also be sent a copy). For more information about setting up a split payment. please click here.
Enter the details of how you would like the payments to be split, then select Save Changes.
Order Success Button
This optional feature will allow you to add a button to the 'order success' page, and when clicked will direct you to a URL of your choice. The 'order success' page is displayed after every successful purchase/registration. To add this button to the order success page, go to the Edit Event page and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Button Text - This allows you to enter the Button label.
- Redirect to Organiser Page - this checkbox will set the button to redirect the purchasers to your organiser page. Note: leave this checkbox unchecked if you want to use a different URL.
- Button URL - this is where you can enter a specific URL to where you want the purchasers to be redirected once they click this button. The URL must be a complete URL e.g. https://www.stickytickets.com.au/
Make Event Live
You are now ready to make your event 'live' or schedule on when it will go live and begin advertising and selling tickets online. Until your event is Live, your event will display a 'pending' or 'scheduled' status which means it will not appear online and people will not be able to buy tickets. You will still be able to make changes to the event details.
If you are not ready to make your event live, you can use the Save For Later button to save your current changes and return to the event list page. You can still make changes to your event once it is live, however, you will need to contact support for changes to the date, time, or location.
- Use the Preview link to view your event page and how it looks.
- Click Make Event Live and choose whether to make it live now or schedule it for later
- Your event web page on Sticky Tickets will look similar to the example shown here when viewed on a mobile device.
If you have any further questions about creating your event or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us at support any time and we'd be more than happy to help!