To create a new event:
* Click on the Create Event button (this appears on the My Events page).
For mobile device:
* Enter Event Name
* Continue to enter the various details of your event, as prompted
In this section you enter the date and time for your event.
- Date: Enter the start date of your event.
- Start time: Select the start time for your event.
- End time: Select the end time of your event.
- Show separate end date for the event: This will create another date and time field if your event will run for more than one day.
- Preview: Will show how the date and time will be displayed on your event page. You can choose to customise this display by clicking the Customise Display link.
- Time zone: Select the time zone for the event. (We use the time zone when we are calculating the start time for you event).
• Venue: Enter your event's venue name (if it has one).• Full Address: Enter the street address for your event, e.g. 1 Kent St Sydney and then click Find Address.• A list of matching addresses will be shown – select your address from the list.
• Show Map: Check this box to enable a map of your event's location to be displayed.• Edit address details: You can click this and edit your address manually.• Add additional information: This will be displayed on the confirmation email and e-tickets.
Click Save Changes to save this section. You can click anywhere to edit the details.
In this section you enter the name and contact details of the event organiser. Any event enquires will be directed to this person.
- Enter the Organiser’s name
- Enter the Organisation Name
- Enter the Organiser's Contact Number
- Email- The email address you enter here will receive all correspondence relating to this event (purchaser enquiries, order confirmation emails).
- BCC Order Confirmation Emails- if this is ticked you will receive a copy of the confirmation email that is sent to the ticket purchaser. You do not need to keep these emails as you can access all the purchaser information from the event admin area. You can however use these emails as a live notification that a sale has just occurred.
- Organiser Logo- if this is ticked, your organiser logo will be displayed on your event page. See designing your own organiser page for instructions on how to create your organiser logo.
- Contact Method- (Advanced Settings) the default setting is our contact form- a ticket purchaser will fill out a form which we will send to you via email.
- Show Email Address - we will display your email address as a link, and when selected will go to the ticket purchaser's email client so that they can send you an email directly.
- Click Save Changes to save this section.
In this section you enter a detailed description of your event. You can also upload event images.
- Full Description: Enter all the details about your event. You can use the formatting tools to customise the look of your event description. You can also upload images into this description, please see the adding media to my event description tutorial .Put some time into this and be creative, as it will help you sell tickets to your event. You might include information on the speakers/presenters, what’s included in the ticket price and why people should come to your event. You can paste in blurbs from a Microsoft Word document.
- Images: To add visual effect to your web page you can now upload 3 images, to be displayed alongside your event description. You can only upload an image in the following formats: JPEG, PNG and GIF.
Once you have finished, remember to click the Save Changes Button
In this section you enter a list of available ticket types for your event and configure the ticketing options.
- Ticket Type: Enter the details for your first ticket type. Use the on-screen hints to help you fill out each column. Take note of the different types of tickets you can create. To find out the different ticket types you can set up for your event, please click here.
- Ticket Name: Name of the ticket that will appear on the event page and e-ticket.
- Price: How much the ticket costs (If your organiser settings are set to 'Registered for GST', you will need to add the GST component into your ticket price. For more details on organiser settings please click here.)
- Include booking fee in the price: If checked, the booking fee will be included in the ticket price displayed.
- Ticket Capacity: Defines how many tickets you wish to sell for this ticket type.
- Max Per Order: Defines how many tickets a purchaser can buy per transaction.
- Min Per Order: This is the minimum amount of tickets that can be purchased of this ticket type. Tip: you can use this feature to offer a discount on bulk purchases.
- Start and Stop Selling: Defines the dates for when the ticket type will go on sale, and when ticket sales will end. Select 'Straight Away' for your tickets to go on sale as soon as your event goes live. Tip: you might like to create an 'Early Bird' ticket type to encourage early sales. You can select 'Straight Away' or specify a time for these tickets to go on sale, but an earlier end time, for when the early bird pricing will end.
- Code Required: Defines if the ticket type requires a promotional code.
- Event Capacity - The total number (of all tickets) that can be sold for this event. Your event will be sold out if the total number of tickets sold exceeds this number (or if all individual ticket limits are exceeded).
- Automatically issue eTickets - At the time of ticket purchase/registration, your attendees will be emailed an automated tax receipt from Sticky Tickets on your behalf.
- Included booking fee in prices where displayed - If booking fees are to be included you must specify the price BEFORE the fee is added, as the system will automatically update the price to include the booking fee. Should you choose not to include the booking fee, the client will be notified that the advertised ticket price 'does not include booking fee' and will be charged the additional fee at the time of purchase.
- Request individual names from multiple ticket purchases - With this option you can request from the ticket purchaser individual names for each ticket purchased. This is useful when selling tables of ten for example. One purchase is made (the table of ten) and ten tickets are issued. The ticket purchaser will be given an opportunity to enter and allocate an individual's name to each ticket. Please note: By default, the system will enter the name of the person purchasing the tickets and they will not be asked to enter other names. You can mention in the description of the event if this is a critical request.
In this section you can create promotional codes if you want to offer discounted ticketing to select individuals or groups.
· Codes: Enter the details of your first code and use the on screen hints to help you fill out each column. For more details click here
- If you need to add another promotional code click the Add Row link
- Select Save Changes
•Click on the Privacy section to change the settings
•You can create a Public Event or a Private Event. Public events will be promoted by Sticky Tickets and will be discoverable via the event search feature. For private events you will need to provide the URL directly to you attendees (via email for example). Each option is explained below.
•Search Categories (public event only) - If you tick this checkbox your event will be easily accessible to anyone searching the Sticky Tickets site. They will be able to both view and purchase tickets to your event. Alternatively, by leaving the box blank, only those who have been given the event URL by you (shown at the bottom of the event ad on completion) will be able to find the event and purchase tickets.• Attendees Visible - If you tick this checkbox a guest list will be seen at the bottom of your event page. The ticket purchaser has an option when purchasing tickets to not show their name on the event page (their tickets will show as ANONYMOUS).•Allow Sharing (private event only) - Checking this box will allow your attendees to use the share feature on Sticky Tickets. They will be able to Send To A Friend and Like or Share On Facebook.
To split the event ticket sales between two bank accounts, please follow these steps:
- When logged in to your event, click on Edit
- Select Split Payments
- Enter Banking Details (the email address entered will be sent a payment summary once the transfer has been made. The event organiser will also be sent a copy)
- Enter the details of how you would like the payments to be split, then select Save Changes.
Order Success Button
This feature will allow you to add a button to the order success page, and when clicked will direct to a URL of your choice. The order success page is displayed after every successful purchase/registration. To add this button to the order success page, go to the Edit Event page and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Button Text - Allows you to enter the Button label.
- Redirect to Organiser Page - this checkbox will set the button to redirect the purchasers to your organiser page. Note: leave this checkbox unchecked if you want to use a different URL.
- Button URL - this is where you can enter a specific URL to where you want the purchasers to be redirected once they click this button. The url must be a complete url e.g. https://www.stickytickets.com.au/
Make Event Live
You are now ready to make your event 'live' and begin advertising and selling tickets online. Until you click on the Make Event Live button, your event will display a 'pending' status which means it will not appear online and people will not be able to buy tickets. You will still be able to make changes to the event details.
If you are not ready to make your event live, you can use the Save For Later button to save your current changes and return to the event list page.
- Use the Preview link to view your event page and how it looks.
- Click Make Event Live to start selling tickets
- Your event web page on Sticky Tickets will look similar to the example shown here when viewed on a mobile device.
If you have any further questions about creating your event or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us at support any time and we'd be more than happy to help!