In this section, you can create promotional codes for use when you would like to offer discounted ticketing to select individuals or groups.
You can watch our quick demo, or follow the steps listed below:
To create a discount code for your event;
- log in to www.stickytickets.com.au
- select the event you would like to add a discount code to
- select the Edit Event link from the left menu
- scroll down to the 'promotional code' section (located below the ticket section)
Codes - Enter your first code, filling in the details. You can use the on-screen hints to help you fill out each field.
Note: For events with multiple sessions, should you wish to create a new promotional code across all sessions, tick the box seen in the image below. This option will only become available from your second session on.
See below for details:
- Enter the promotional code name. This is the code that you will send to the people you wish to receive the discount. You can enter multiple codes by entering each code on a new line. (eg. copy and paste a column of codes from Excel)
- Enter the discount amount. You can choose to give a fixed dollar amount discount, or a percentage of the ticket price.
- This is the number of times the code can be presented before being exhausted.
- Select the tickets to which you would like to apply the discount to.
- This will limit the amount of discounted tickets a person may purchase per order. Note: this limit will be displayed to the ticket purchaser at the time of purchase. You can leave this field empty (entering a number here will create a duplicate ticket (full price) once a purchaser enters the promotional code.
This is the total number of individual tickets available for this promotional code. You can leave this field empty (entering a number here will create a duplicate ticket (full price) once a purchaser enters the promotional code.
- This is the date (and time) you want your discount to be valid from. You can select "Straight Away" to have this discount available right away, or you can pick an exact date and time for this discount to start.
- This is the date (and time) you would like your discount to end. You can select a pre-defined time period before your event., or you can pick an exact date and time.
If you need to add another discount code click the Add Another Promotional Code button.
Once you have created a promotional code you will be able to track the success of that code on your event summary page. The results can also be viewed and downloaded from the view sales page.
Below is an example of where the code is entered once the ticket purchaser has selected the 'buy tickets' button from your event page
You can add a promotional code to your event URL which will automatically apply the code to any tickets purchased, see examples below:
- To direct purchasers directly to the 'buy tickets' page, add the following to the end of your event URL:
/buy-tickets?promo=yourcode example https://www.stickytickets.com.au/33908/blues_festival/buy-tickets?promo=yourcode
- To direct purchasers to your event page add the following to the end of your event URL:
.aspx?promo=yourcode example https://www.stickytickets.com.au/33908/blues_festival.aspx?promo=yourcode
In the above example where it says yourcode, this is where you enter your promotional code.
If you have any questions about promotional codes or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us any time and we'd be more than happy to help.