In this section you can create promotional codes for use when you would like to offer discounted ticketing to select individuals or groups
To create a discount code for your event;
- log in to stickytickets.com.au
- select the event you would like to add a discount code to
- select the Edit Event link from the left menu
- scroll down to the promotional code section (located below the ticket section)
Codes - Enter your first code filling in the details, use the on screen hints to help you fill out each column. The on screen help will change once you click on an input field.
Note: For events with multiple sessions should you wish to create a new promotional code across all sessions tick the box below. This option will only become available from your second session onwards.
- Enter the promotional code name. This is the code that you will send to people you wish to receive the discount. You can enter multiple codes by entering each code on a new line. (eg. copy and paste a column of codes from excel)
- Enter the discount amount. You can choose to give a fixed dollar amount or a percentage of the ticket price.
- This is the amount of times the code can be presented before being exhausted.
- Select the tickets which you would like to apply the discount to.
This will limit the amount of discounted tickets a person may purchase per order. Note: this limit will be displayed to the ticket purchaser at the time of purchase. You can leave this field empty (entering a number here will create a duplicate ticket (full price) once a purchaser enters the promotional code.
This is the total individual tickets available for this promotional code. You can leave this field empty (entering a number here will create a duplicate ticket (full price) once a purchaser enters the promotional code.
- This is the date (and time) you want your discount to be valid from. You can select "Straight Away" to have this discount available right away. Or you can pick an exact date and time for this discount to start.
- This is the date (and time) you want your discount to be valid to. You can select a pre-defined time period before your event. Or you can pick an exact date and time for this discount to be valid until.
If you need to add another discount code click the Add Row link
Select save changes
Once you have created a promotional code you will be able to track the success of that code on your event summary page. The results can also be viewed and downloaded from the view sales page.
Below is an example of where the code is entered once the ticket purchaser has selected the buy tickets button from your event page
You can add a promotional code to your event url which will automatically apply the code to any tickets purchased, see examples below
To direct purchasers directly to the buy tickets page add the following to the end of your event url
/buy-tickets?promo=yourcode example https://www.stickytickets.com.au/33908/blues_festival/buy-tickets?promo=yourcode
To direct purchasers to your event page add the following to the end of your event url
.aspx?promo=yourcode example https://www.stickytickets.com.au/33908/blues_festival.aspx?promo=yourcode