There are many potential reasons for slow ticket sales, so it’s a good idea to establish a checklist to make sure you are doing everything possible to ensure maximum sales. Here are some suggestions:
- Read our tips on using Social Media to promote your event
- Include images on your event page to add visual interest. Here is a guide to inserting images
- Utilise the contacts of the personnel involved in your event. For example, speakers, suppliers or other loyal attendees may share your event on social media, to potentially the same market that you are interested in.
- Offer an incentive to purchase tickets, such as an early bird ticket at a discounted rate.
- Sell tickets at a slightly lower rate online compared to at the door.
- Use our discount codes to offer a reduced rate to media in exchange for promotion of your event.
- Promote your event on free event listing websites.
Also, keep in mind that many people are reluctant to make a commitment to an event a few weeks out unless they think they might miss out, so adding an Early Bird ticket often creates urgency.