As an organiser, disclosing your Refund Policy allows you to set conditions on how you want to grant refunds. This is important to avoid any issues in the future related to refund claims. Organisers are now required to set up a Refund Policy for all of their Sticky Tickets events. You can set one policy to apply to all events, or one for each event.
To set one refund policy across the organiser account which will apply to all events:
1. Go to the Organiser Settings > Refund Policy tab then click the Set Up Refund Policy button (upper right corner) or Set Up Refund Policy Link (in the Orange ribbon)
2. On the Organiser Refund Policy set up page, organisers must:
- Select the number of days before the event that purchasers can request a refund.
- If you select a refund policy within 3 days or less you will have the option to turn off Refund Select
- Indicate the Refund Policy Reason. Please note that once you have sold at least one ticket, the refund policy can no longer be changed
- Link - Allows you to add a clickable link in the Refund Policy section on your event page.
- Document - Upload a PDF/Word document related to your refund policy
- Choose to apply the policy to All Events (or not) and to All Future Events, or choose just a few from the existing events. Then click on the Save Changes button.
- If you choose a No Refund policy, this may increase the likelihood of a chargeback request being claimed against your event and may result in additional fees being billed to your account. You will be asked to review the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 before you proceed with this policy.
- Ticket Upgrade feature will always be enabled when the refund policy is set to No Refund or refund days are set to less than 3 days .
- If Refund policy is set to 4 days or more, the Ticket Upgrade settings will be disabled.
To set up a refund policy to individual events:
1. Log in to your account and open the event you would like to set up the policy for. Then click on the Edit Event tab and scroll to the Refund Policy section.
2. Select the number of days before the event that purchasers can request a refund, and indicate the Refund Policy reason. Please note that once you have sold at least one ticket, the refund policy can no longer be changed.
The image below shows where your refund policy can be found on your event page.
If you have any questions about refund policies or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us any time and we'd be more than happy to help.