Organisers are able to issue complimentary tickets to specified guests. There are a few ways to do this. You can watch our quick demo, or follow the steps listed below:
A. First Option: Issue the complimentary ticket/s using the Record Offline Sales feature. With this option:
- Organisers can manually generate the tickets
- Organisers can generate more than 1 complimentary ticket in one entry
- The Ticket Name /label will be the same as the regular tickets but with no charge/fee
To do this, open the event you are working on and go to the Record Offline Sales tab.
1. Select the number of tickets you wish to generate as complimentary tickets
2. In the Payment Type field, select No Charge- this will make the tickets free
3. Click on the Reserve Tickets button to move to the next page
4 Enter the Purchaser/Ticket holder details. If you do not have their information yet, you can enter your name and details so the confirmation and e-tickets will be sent to you for the meantime. You can update the order later and resend the confirmation to the purchaser
5. Click on the Continue button
6. The next step allows you as the organiser to check the details of the tickets before confirming. Once checked, you can click on the Confirm button
7. The next page shows that the offline ticket/s you processed has been successful. This page also shows the Order Number and allows you to view the order.
If you wish to generate another offline sale, you can click on the Record Another Sale button.
b. Second Option: Creating a Promotional Code with 100% discount to be applied to the regular tickets. With this option:
- It allows the organiser to provide a promotional code only to those they would like to grant a complimentary ticket to
- It allows the organiser to control the number of complimentary tickets used, and until when you would like them available
- There is no need to manually enter these tickets in the system, as they will be automatically recorded with all other ticket sales
To find out how you can create a promotional code and assign this to the ticket type you wish to generate as a complimentary ticket, please click here.
c. Third Option: Create a new 'free' ticket type and name it 'Complimentary'. You can make this ticket visible to ticket purchasers on the event page, or hide it and have it only show when a promo code is entered. With this option:
- It allows the organiser to give the code only to those who they want to grant the complimentary ticket to
- It can control the number of complimentary tickets available, and when you would like them available until
- There is no need to manually enter the tickets in the system
- Organisers can easily identify the number of complimentary tickets given away in their reports
To do this,
1. Simply add a new ticket and use a FREE ticket type
2. You can name the ticket as 'Complimentary' and set the number of these tickets you would you like to give away under 'Ticket Capacity'
3. You can then choose whether to display this ticket type on the event page, or whether people require a promotional code, giving you more control.
To find out how you can create promotional codes, please click here.
If you have any questions about creating different tickets or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us any time and we'd be more than happy to help.