This feature gives you the ability to create a waiting list for your event, once it has been sold out. You can choose which ticket types the purchaser is able to join a waiting list for, when that ticket sells out. To add a waiting list for your event, you can watch our quick demo, or follow the steps listed below:
1.Open the event you are working on and go to the Edit Event tab, then scroll to the Ticketing section
2. On the Event Ticketing page, check the Enable Waiting List box to automatically show the waiting list button once the event capacity is reached.
3. Once this feature is enabled, the waiting list tab will appear on the left navigation panel. This tab will list all purchasers who have signed up to the waiting list.
4. If the event capacity is reached, the Buy Tickets button will be replaced by the Waiting List button
5. If a purchaser sends a request, you can view the details from the Waiting List tab.
A. Name of the wait lister
B. Indicates which tickets the wait lister would like to purchase
C. Wait lister's email address
D. Wait lister's message to the Organiser
E. Request status
F. Actions that an organiser can do:
- Send Invite: This option means that the organiser will be offer ticket/s to be released to the specific wait lister only.
- Dismiss: This option means that the organiser will not release tickets to this wait lister.
6. To grant a wait list request, click on the Send Invite link under the Actions column. This will open the Waiting List Invite page.
On this page, you can choose which ticket type (if more than 1 ticket type is available) to offer to the wait lister, and the ticket quantity that they can purchase.
You have full flexibility in deciding which tickets you will offer to the wait lister, and the quantity that they can purchase. This page will indicate which ticket the wait lister is requesting, and the quantity. Once done, click on the Send Invitation button
A. Wait lister's information and summary of request
B. Validity of the request. No entry is required in this field, as this date indicates the time limit the wait lister has to purchase the tickets- after this date the granted request will expire.
C. Ticket Type/s the the organiser would like to offer to the wait lister, and how many tickets.
D. 'Send Invitation' button
7. The wait lister will then receive an email notification informing them that tickets have been made available to them. This email indicates which ticket type you have offered, and how many they can purchase. The purchaser can choose whether to proceed by clicking the first link, or decline the offer by clicking the second link.
A. This first link will open the 'buy ticket' page specifically for the wait lister to purchase tickets.
B. The second link allows the wait lister to refuse the offer.
8. If the wait lister accepts the offer, they can book the tickets online as normal.
9. **IMPORTANT** Your event capacity will increase based on how many tickets the wait lister has purchased.
10. Should you decided to decline the request for tickets made by a wait lister, click on the Dismiss link
The next page will ask you to confirm by clicking the 'Dismiss Wait Lister' button
The Wait Lister will not be notified that you have dismissed them from the waiting list
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'd be more than happy to help.