Secure My Refund is an optional service offered to ticket purchasers by Sticky Tickets, it allows the purchaser the ability to upgrade their cancellation rights by protecting their ticketing costs if they are unable to attend an event due to unforeseen circumstances. With a successful refund application, the ticket purchaser receives their refund and the event organiser also receives the funds from the sale.
If the purchaser selects to protect the purchase, the whole order is protected, the only exception to this is that donations and free tickets will not be included in the coverage. If a purchaser chooses to add this service, it will be billed and added to the total purchase amount (on top of the ticket price and booking fee).
Some example circumstances covered include:
- Accident, injury
- Adverse weather
- Scheduled airline or private vehicle failure
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Secure My Refund can only be applied during the booking process. Once the tickets are booked and paid for, the service can no longer be applied.
- The Secure My Refund fee is calculated on the total ticket price inclusive of the booking fee. It will be 10% of the total order (excluding any donation amounts).
- If the event is cancelled by the event organiser, you will receive a refund from the organiser(this may or may not include Sticky Tickets booking fee). The Secure My Refund fee will not be refunded. Note: The refund upgrade of your tickets commences as soon as you finalise your purchase
- If a upgraded ticket is transferred to a different event, the protection will continue with the transferred ticket to the value of the original ticket for a maximum of 90 days.
- Once added to your purchase and paid, the Secure My Refund fee can no longer be canceled.
To apply protection to your tickets, follow the steps below:
Locate and open the page of the event for which you would like to book tickets
- Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase then click on Buy Tickets and then fill out the purchaser form and provide the names of each ticket holder if asked. Click on the Continue button to proceed to the payment page.
- The Secure My Refund option is on the payment page before you confirm your payment, The purchaser can choose to either include or not include the service in their purchase. (by default no option is pre-selected)
- If the purchaser selects Yes to add this service, the 'Secure My Refund' fee will be added to the total amount.
Note: If you are booking tickets for multiple events using the shopping cart, you have the option to select which events you want to add the Secure to
- If the ticket purchaser selects No, the "Secure My Refund' fee will not be added
- Once the booking process is complete, the receipt will include the 'Secure My refund' fee in the transaction breakdown