Refund Protect is an optional service offered to ticket purchasers by Sticky Tickets, it allows the purchaser the ability to upgrade their cancellation rights by protecting their ticketing costs if they are unable to attend an event due to unforeseen circumstances. With a successful claim, the ticket purchaser receives their refund and the event organiser also receives the funds from the sale.
If the purchaser selects to protect the purchase, the whole order is protected, the only exception to this is that donations and free tickets will not be included in the coverage. If a purchaser chooses to add this service, it will be billed and added to the total purchase amount (on top of the ticket price and booking fee).
Some example circumstances covered include:
- Accident, injury
- Adverse weather
- Scheduled airline or private vehicle failure
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Refund Protect can only be applied during the booking process. Once the tickets are booked and paid for, the service can no longer be applied.
- The Refund Protect fee is calculated on the total ticket price inclusive of the booking fee. It will be 8% of the total order (excluding any donation amounts).
- If the event is canceled by the event organiser, you will receive a refund. Refund Protect fee will not be refunded
- If a protected ticket is transferred to a different event or the event is rescheduled, the protection will cease for that ticket.
- Once added to your purchase and paid, the Refund Protect fee can no longer be canceled.
To apply protection to your tickets, what this short video or follow the steps below:
Locate and open the page of the event for which you would like to book tickets
- Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase then click on Buy Tickets and then fill out the purchaser form and provide the names of each ticket holder if asked. Click on the Continue button to proceed to the payment page.
- The Refund Protect option is on the payment page before you confirm your payment, The purchaser can choose to either include or not include the service in their purchase. (by default no option is pre-selected)
- If the purchaser selects Yes to add this service, the Refund Protect fee will be added to the total amount.
Note: If you are booking tickets for multiple events using the shopping cart, you have the option to select which events you want to add the Refund Protect to
- If the ticket purchaser selects No, the Refund Protect fee will not be added
- Once the booking process is complete, the receipt will include the Refund Protect Fee in the transaction breakdown